The topic of framing our art came up on our Facebook page recently:
"All of our prints are made to fit standard frames. 11x17, 18x24, 12x36 are all standard sizes you can get at your local mom and pop frame store or the bigger chains. Michael's has a large variety and great coupons and weekly sales. We make it easy for you."
This is definitely a built in benefit, making it easy to frame your new ilostmydog art. You can see how some of our prints have been framed—very simply:
To give your print a little something extra, you can add a mat to your framed print. Our friends over at 20x200 put together a video on this very topic—enhancing your art with a ready-made frame and a custom mat. Some of the guidelines are:
- Simple frames are better (especially if you're on a budget)
- A black frame is a great choice (and hides wear and tear easily)
- Buy a frame bigger than a piece (e.g. for a 8x10 print, go for a 14x17 frame)
- Shop around for frames.
- Inspect for damage first.
- Get a custom mat (throw out the one that comes with the frame).
Check out the video for more tips, especially when it comes to the custom mat.